For Injured

Lawyer For Injured Workers

  1. Home
  2.  » Personal Injury, Workers’ Compensation or Both?

Personal Injury, Workers’ Compensation Or Both?

Personal injury lawsuits allow individuals to pursue compensation if they suffered injuries because of another party’s negligence. Workers’ compensation allows individuals to pursue financial benefits if they suffered injuries at work, regardless of whether another party was at fault for the accident.

However, what happens if an individual suffered an on-the-job injury because of the negligence of another party? In North Carolina, individuals may be able to receive compensation from both personal injury and workers’ compensation lawsuits. Given the complexity of the legal process, though, it can be advantageous to work with a lawyer who has experience handling personal injury and workers’ compensation cases.

At the law office of Jay Gervasi, P.A., we provide injured workers and their families in Greensboro and throughout central North Carolina with the personalized, quality representation they need. Many individuals who contact our firm are able to collect personal injury and workers’ compensation benefits in on-the-job accidents involving:

  • Defective products: If a defective product caused an accident, the product manufacturer could be held liable for the accident. For example, if a construction worker fell from a ladder because of a defective rung, the injured worker could seek compensation from his or her employer as well as the manufacturer of the ladder.
  • Car accidents: If you were on the road for work and were in a car accident that was caused by the negligence of another driver, you may be able to seek compensation from the driver and your employer.
  • Premises liability: If you suffered injuries on another person’s property while you were working, an experienced lawyer can help you collect compensation from the negligent property owner and your employer. Premises liability cases could include accidents on your employer’s property if a third party was responsible for maintaining the property, or accidents on someone else’s property while you were working.

Attorney Jay Gervasi can help you determine whether you are eligible for personal injury benefits, workers’ compensation or both. Learn more about the service we provide by scheduling a free initial consultation. We can be reached through an online contact form or by calling 336-790-0157.