Do I Need A Workers’ Comp Lawyer?
After sustaining a serious work-related injury, you may question the need for a workers’ compensation lawyer. At the law office of Jay Gervasi, P.A., we have more than 30 years of legal experience. Therefore, we understand that not everyone filing for workers’ compensation actually needs an attorney. However, if you need assistance with a complex workers’ compensation claim, please feel free to contact our Greensboro workers’ comp law firm.
Who Needs A Workers’ Compensation Lawyer?
Fortunately, most workers who file for workers’ compensation benefits will not need the assistance of an attorney to obtain benefits. However, there are circumstances in which an experienced workers’ compensation lawyer is advisable, such as:
- If you have sustained a particularly severe injury or disability
- If you will be unable to return to work
- If you had a high level of wages before your injury
- If you are receiving pressure from your employer or insurance adjuster to resolve the matter
- If there is question of whether you are an independent contractor, employee or employee of a subcontractor
- If you are receiving discrimination as a result of your claim
- If there are third-party claims involving negligence of persons outside your employer
- If your claim for benefits has been denied
If you are uncomfortable with the process, most lawyers who represent injured workers, including Jay Gervasi, P.A., provide free consultations. If you have questions, you should contact one of them.
Experienced Workers’ Compensation Representation
If you would like assistance from an experienced Greensboro workers’ compensation attorney, you can trust in the law office of Jay Gervasi, P.A. We strive to provide open and personalized legal representation to individuals coping with a frustrating injury and governmental procedure. Contact our workers’ compensation law office to inquire about a free initial consultation with a knowledgeable North Carolina workers’ compensation lawyer.