How Do I Choose A Workers’ Comp Lawyer?
Coping with a serious work-related injury can be very overwhelming when the injury has resulted in the inability to work and earn income. Timely recovery of workers’ compensation benefits is important. At the law office of Jay Gervasi, P.A., we recognize that choosing a workers’ compensation lawyer who will properly represent you and pursue your claim is a daunting task when facing these frustrations and difficulties. Therefore, we have provided the following as a list of important things to remember when selecting a lawyer. To inquire about scheduling a free initial consultation with an experienced Greensboro workers’ comp lawyer, contact our North Carolina workers’ compensation law office today.
How To Choose A Workers’ Compensation Attorney
One common mistake in selecting an attorney is simply calling the first attorney in the phone book. An experienced workers’ compensation lawyer can make the difference in the success of a case. Therefore, it is important to look further into your options and ask around about a lawyer who will be right for you and your case.
- What is the lawyer’s reputation among his/her colleagues?
- Would other lawyers refer cases to this attorney or hire him/her to handle cases for them?
- How does the attorney handle a workers’ compensation claim?
- Does the attorney have specialty certification?
- Is the attorney actively involved in legal community affiliations that support the practice of workers’ compensation?
- Is the attorney trusted by other lawyers or the legal community?
- What level of personal service does the attorney provide?
- What is the attorney’s level of experience?
You cannot tell anything about the effectiveness of a lawyer from expensive commercials or the fanciness of a website. Check the lawyer’s information to see if he/she knows what he/she is talking about. Do not hesitate to ask around.
Experienced Workers’ Compensation Representation
North Carolina workers’ comp lawyer Jay Gervasi has practiced law for more than 30 years, has earned recognition as a board-certified specialist in workers’ compensation and is respected by others in the field. We welcome you to learn more about our Greensboro workers’ compensation law firm and how we may assist you.
To ask about our free initial consultation, contact our North Carolina workers’ compensation law office today.